You can request reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses such as prescriptions or mileage driven to and from your medical appointments. To qualify, submit these requests to us within two years of your date of service. For prescription drugs, you must provide an itemized pharmacy receipt.
- Log in to MyClaim—it's the fastest and easiest way to request reimbursement.
- Download the Request for Reimbursement of Expenses form in English or Spanish.
- Learn more about prescription drug coverage.
To make sure you're reimbursed for all the expenses you're eligible for, it's important that you keep track of:
- Your medical appointments
- Any travel related to treatment, such as to a doctor, physical therapy, or a pharmacy
- Meals and lodging will be reimbursed if you are required to travel a distance for medical treatment that would prohibit you from returning to your local area within a reasonable time frame.
- Prescription medication that you pay for (it may be reimbursable even if it's not on the list of medication approved for your condition). You must have itemized pharmacy receipts that list the medications.
- All receipts related to your prescriptions, meals, and lodging, when applicable
- Any other expenses, such as medical equipment (for example, crutches)
- SAIF generally does not approve a reimbursement until we get corresponding medical records from your provider.
- For accepted claims, SAIF has 30 days from the time we receive a reimbursement request to process it.
- You have two years from the date of service to request reimbursement.
- You will be reimbursed for lost wages to attend an appointment that SAIF requires you to attend. Go to the reimbursement form
- For medication, you must include a detailed pharmacy receipt with the name of the medication, dosage, and amount paid.
- If you have a question about getting reimbursed for a copay, please talk to your adjuster.
- Log in to MyClaim if you need information on past appointments.
- If you lose a pharmacy receipt, ask the pharmacy to reprint it for you.
- If you are required by SAIF to attend a medical exam, contact your adjuster about reimbursement.