- Payments and payroll reporting
- Filing and managing a claim
- Preventing fraud
- Getting back to work
- Learn about coverage
- Workers' compensation overview
- Sample workers’ compensation policy
- Premium and rate overview
- Keeping rates low
- Small business
- Other states coverage
- Coverage details
Other states coverage
Do you need coverage in other states?
If you have workers in other states, are they covered if they get injured on the job? Some may be, but some may not.
For workers assigned to work out of state for extended periods of time or permanently, your current coverage may not be adequate, depending on the laws of the other states. Call SAIF or your agent to find out what you need.
What are the benefits of "other states" coverage?
- You avoid gaps in coverage and uninsured workers.
- Safety services are coordinated for you by SAIF.
- We customize pricing for you.
- You get your coverage for all eligible states from one source: us.
- Billing for all your policies is easy.
How to apply
If you need other states coverage—or aren't sure—please contact your agent or call SAIF directly at 800.285.8525.
To qualify for coverage
If you want to be considered for coverage in other states, at least one of these must be true:
- Your payroll for your Oregon workers is at least 50 percent of your payroll for all workers.
- You are incorporated in the state of Oregon.
- You are headquartered in the state of Oregon.
Note: Other states coverage is a unique benefit of having your Oregon workers' comp policy with SAIF.
Claims are handled by experienced adjusters from Zurich American Insurance.
Zurich is part of our partnership, along with United States Insurance Services, to take care of your workers in other states.
Learn more about claims processing under other states coverage.
Please don't hesitate to contact your agent or call us directly (800.285.8525) for help with coverage in other states.