Stand up to falls
During National Safety Month, learn three simple things you can do to prevent the most common workplace injuries: slips, trips, and falls.
posted June 01, 2017
Did you know:
- Slips, trips, and falls cause more than 300,000 injuries per year in the U.S.—one every two minutes.
- They’re the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries, including concussions.
- They cause 15 percent of all accidental deaths, second only to motor vehicles.
Here's what you can do:
- Eliminate tripping hazards. Clean up wet areas and spills immediately. Secure electrical cords.
- Wear the right shoes for the job and conditions. Replace or repair worn footwear.
- Use ladders safely. Never step on the top platform of any ladder, including a stepladder.
Download free posters and find additional safety resources.
Get more tips during National Safety Month: