Broker of record information
Brokers are to be submitted to Marilyn Cyphers by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 503.584.9053
- Mail: SAIF, 2 Centerpointe Drive, Suite 400, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Note: Only SAIF-appointed agents can broker voluntary accounts. If you have questions about SAIF's appointment process, please contact any of the following:
Criteria for broker of records
- The letter must be on the client's letterhead (including the address). If the client has no letterhead, then the name and address must be printed on the request. The ACORD broker of record will be acceptable as long as it has the criteria required on it.
- The letter must express the employer's intention to appoint the broker as the exclusive broker of record.
- The letter includes the employer's name and policy number.
- The letter should be signed by an owner, corporate officer, or authorized representative. Authorized representative includes general managers, controllers, and human resource managers. This definition does not extend to office managers, bookkeepers, or secretaries, unless they are also listed as an owner or interest party.
- The name and title of the person signing the broker of record letter should be printed below the signature.
- The letter must be dated, or note a requested effective date.
The effective date of the broker of record letter will be determined by the date SAIF receives the broker of record. Letters that are received after 5 p.m., on a weekend, or on a holiday will be considered received on the next business day. The incumbent agent will have five business days to obtain a superseding broker. When either the proposed effective date of a prospect or the renewal date of an active policy is within these five business days, both agents will have access to the same quote during this time period.
A broker of record letter received during the policy period is considered a midyear change. Additionally, broker of record letters received on inception/renewal date are considered midyear changes.
For broker of record changes received during the policy period, any commission due and payable, or any reimbursement of commissions due to SAIF, remains between SAIF and the original broker of record at inception or renewal of policy.
If an agency no longer wants to represent a policyholder, they should submit a written request to email@example.com indicating the release of the policy.