Safety and Health talks
Browse the Oregon OSHA fact sheets to learn more about Safety and health talks.
PESO Program bilingual resources - tailgate sheets, training materials, and audio files for content read in both English and Spanish
Safety Talk one-page trainings
These short one-page trainings can be used at safety meetings, toolbox or tailgate talks, or whenever you want to briefly cover a safety topic. Each training includes activities to learn more and an attendee sign-off sheet.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Branding safety [Spanish]
- Carbon Monoxide awareness
- Fatigue impacts our work
- Fire extingisher use (Spanish)
- Hay bale safety (Spanish)
- Hazcomm: Product warning labels
- Hazcomm: What's in a safety data sheet?
- Hierarchy of controls: a way to address hazards
- Housekeeping on the Job
- Job safety analysis - evaluate the need for PPE
- Livestock vaccination and shot safety
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Mindfulness:why is everyone talking about it?
- Noise exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) [Spanish]
- Pesticides - applying them safety (Spanish)
- Positive connections
- Regular glasses aren't safety glasses [Spanish]
- Safety-toed boots and shoes
- Seatbelts are essential safety equipment [Spanish]
- Serious Injury and Fatality Prevention [Spanish]
- Slip, trip and fall hazards
- Target organs: What are they and why do they matter?
- UTV safety [Spanish]
- Ways contaminants enter your body
- What is stress and how can we cope?
- Working Safely in Hot Conditions [Spanish]
Toolbox meeting guides (WorkSafe BC)
These resources, including short safety meeting guides, provide clear, concise information on dozens of safety topics. Set the filter to refine your results by selecting topic, industry, type of publication, and language.
Handouts and toolbox talks (Center for Construction Research and Training)
From aerial lifts to workplace stress, topic guides include case studies, discussion questions, and site-specific actions in English and Spanish.
Eye safety tool box talk (CDC)
A 15- to 30-minute discussion guide to prevent eye injuries and promote safe practices at your worksite.
Total Worker Health® meeting guides (OHSU)
These guides are developed for organizations integrating workplace safety and health and can be downloaded and printed freely.