Our rewards package is the complete package.
On this page
Whether it's helping injured workers heal and get back on the job or making Oregon the safest and healthiest state, we've got some huge challenges. To us, the key to success is to attract and retain quality people enthusiastic about what they do in order to help our customers.
That's why our rewards package is the complete package. It not only recognizes the work of our dedicated staff, it also reinforces SAIF's positive work climate-where we're always seeking to set the standard for innovation, service, accountability, and performance. We hope the information below encourages you to choose SAIF.
Our employees make SAIF the successful industry leader it is and has been for more than 100 years. That's why we believe in rewarding them for the work they do to keep us there. We do that through a compensation program based on "pay for performance," which is aimed at attracting, retaining, and motivating talented employees. Our compensation program includes:
- Market competitive salaries
- Performance-based merit adjustments
- Individual incentives
- Corporate-based incentive
Our total rewards program includes all kinds of benefits to support your well-being. SAIF provides these at no cost to employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans | All medical, dental, and vision premiums are fully paid for regular, full-time employees who participate in specific wellness activities. Coverage for these plans starts on your date of hire.
- Employee Health and Wellness Center | Our on-site clinic offers a variety of services at no cost to employees and their eligible dependents who live in Oregon. Virtual and telephone appointments are available, too!
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance | Provides coverage equal to 100% of your annual salary for life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage | Provides income protection for employees in the event you become disabled and are unable to work
- Educational assistance program | After six months of employment you may qualify for up to $3,000 in reimbursement for tuition, fees, and book expenses.
- Employee assistance program | Confidential outside counseling services for you, your dependents, and all household members. Each family unit is allowed seven free visits per issue, per year.
- Public service loan forgiveness program | SAIF qualifies as an employer under the PSLF program. Employees who meet specific criteria may qualify under this program to have certain student loans forgiven. Click here to learn more.
Plus, voluntary benefits
These benefits are paid by employees who are looking for a few more options:
- Life insurance | Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their dependents
- Flexible spending accounts | Allows employees to set aside pretax dollars from their paycheck to pay for eligible health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and qualified mass transit and parking expenses
- Long-term care insurance | Provides care for you or a family member in the event that you’re unable to perform basic activities of daily living
- Legal plan | Provides online resources, telephone advice, and in-office services to help you resolve everyday legal and financial issues
Total Worker Health®
We ask our customers to promote health and well-being at their workplaces, so we'd better do the same. Below is a partial list of reasons why SAIF has been chosen "healthiest employer in Oregon" and has been named one of the best places to work.
- Wellness program | Promotes and supports physical, emotional, social, and financial health
- Wellness activities | Wellness activities, including on-site chair massage, cooking classes, health webinars, interest groups, and corporate challenges
- Free employee health clinic
- Preventive care | Health plans that support preventive care at no cost or little cost to employees and their families
- Ergonomic evaluations and workstations
Paid time off
An important element of our attractive benefit package is paid time off. We believe in work and life balance, and encourage our employees to spend time away from work resting, relaxing, and recharging.
- Vacation | You start accruing vacation on your date of hire, accruing 15 days your first year.
- Sick days | Not feeling well? You accrue one day each month or 12 days a year.
- Holidays | SAIF recognizes 12 paid holidays.
- Personal days | Employees get two personal days each year. New employees get one day on their start date, and another after 6 months. If an employee has worked for SAIF for six months by the end of the year, they are eligible for two days the following year.
- Award days | A good business year could result in you getting two additional days off. New employees are only eligible if they worked at SAIF prior to November 1 each year.
Here's another advantage to working at SAIF: We offer several solutions to help you prepare for retirement, including a deferred compensation plan and participation in a pension plan through Oregon PERS.
- Deferred compensation (457(b) plan) | Similar to a 401(k), our deferred compensation plan allows employees to save for retirement by setting aside money for retirement via monthly payroll deduction.
Oregon PERS (Public Employees Retirement System)
- OPSRP (Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan) | A defined benefit plan that provides a guaranteed benefit payment for life once you are vested and reach normal retirement age
- IAP (Individual Account Program) | For employees who make more than $3,570 per month, SAIF contributes 5.25% of your salary towards your IAP
Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Participation by SAIF does not imply endorsement by HHS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.