Our rewards package is the complete package.
Whether it's helping injured workers heal and get back on the job or making Oregon the safest and healthiest state, we've got some huge challenges. To us, the key to success is to attract and retain quality people enthusiastic about what they do in order to help our customers.
That's why our rewards package is the complete package. It not only recognizes the work of our dedicated staff, it also reinforces SAIF's positive work climate-where we're always seeking to set the standard for innovation, service, accountability, and performance. We hope the information below encourages you to choose SAIF.
Our employees make SAIF the successful industry leader it is and has been for more than 100 years.That's why we believe in rewarding them for the work they do to keep us there. We do that through a compensation program based on "pay for performance," which is aimed at attracting, retaining, and motivating talented employees. Our compensation program includes:
- Market competitive salaries
- Performance-based merit adjustments
- Individual incentives
- Corporate-based incentive
Our total rewards program includes all kinds of benefits to support your well-being. SAIF provides these at no cost to employees. Eligibility for the following benefits starts on your date of hire:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans| All medical, dental, and vision premiums are fully paid for regular, full-time employees who participate in specific wellness activities. Employees have multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to choose from.
- Employee health clinic (Salem) | The clinic offers a variety of services at no cost to the employee and eligible dependents.
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance | Coverage is equal to 100% of annual salary for life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Short and long term disability coverage | Coverage for employees in the event you become disabled and are unable to work.
- Educational assistance program | After six months of employment
- Employee assistance program
These benefits are paid by the employees who are looking for a few more benefit options:
- Life insurance | Voluntary term life insurance and AD&D insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Flexible spending accounts | Tax-exempt accounts for eligible medical, dental, and vision care expenses, as well as for dependent care and qualified mass transit expenses
- Long-term care insurance
- Legal plan
We ask our customers to promote health and wellness at their workplaces, so we'd better do the same. Below is a partial list of reasons why SAIF has been chosen "healthiest employer in Oregon" and has been named one of the best places to work.
- Wellness program | Promotes and supports physical, emotional, social, and financial health
- Wellness activities | On-site fitness centers, Ping-Pong, basketball, and more
- Free, on-site health clinic in Salem
- Preventive care | Health plans that support preventive care at no cost or little cost to employees and their families
- Ergonomic evaluations and workstations
An important element of our attractive benefit package is paid time off. We believe in work and life balance, and encourage our employees to spend time away from work resting, relaxing, and recharging.
- Vacation | You start accruing vacation on your date of hire, accruing 15 days your first year.
- Sick days | Not feeling well? You accrue one day each month or 12 days a year.
- Holidays | SAIF recognizes 11 paid holidays.
- Personal days | Need time for yourself? You get two personal days each year.
- Award days | A good business year could result in you getting two additional days off.
There's another advantage to working at SAIF: We offer several solutions to help you prepare for retirement, including a deferred compensation plan and participation in a pension plan through Oregon PERS.
- Deferred compensation (457(b) plan) | Similar to a 401(k), our deferred compensation plan allows employees to save for retirement by setting aside money for retirement via monthly payroll deduction.
Oregon PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) |
- OPSRP (Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan) | A defined benefit plan that provides a guaranteed benefit payment for life once you are vested and reach normal retirement age.
- IAP (Individual Account Program) | For employees who make more than $2,500 per month, SAIF contributes 5.25% of your salary towards your IAP