Life at SAIF
For many employees it's our culture—our focus on diversity, work-life balance, health and wellness, and much more—that sets us apart.
We cover the entire state of Oregon with offices in Bend, Eugene, Medford, North Bend, Portland, and Salem. Additional staff work in other locations throughout the state.
Our main campus and most of our employees are in Salem. Watch this short video to see what makes Salem special.
We've been part of Oregon communities for more than 100 years. Today, SAIF employees continue to give back by volunteering; donating food, clothes, and household items to people and families in need; being active, collaborative members of our local communities; and good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
If we ask our customers to promote health and wellness at their workplaces, we believe we should do the same—or better. A big reason SAIF has been recognized as one of Oregon's best places to work is the long list of health and wellness benefits we offer:
- A health plan that supports preventative care at no or low cost to employees and their dependents
- Free on-site health clinic, fitness center, and recreation center in Salem and fitness and recreation opportunities in regional offices
- Wellness activities, including onsite chair massage, cooking classes, health webinars, interest groups, and corporate challenges
- Ergonomic evaluations and equipment for employees
- Wellness platform to support healthy habits, including virtual fitness classes, sleep health, mindfulness, and nutrition
- Lactation and quiet rooms
- Employee assistance program, including free counseling for employees and family members
Life and work
We take our commitment to employers and injured workers seriously. But there's more to life than your job—no matter how much you love it.
That's why we've been one of Oregon's leading companies in helping our employees focus on family and home life as well as their work. A few examples you'll find at SAIF:
- Flexible and alternative work schedules
- Telecommuting, teleworking, and "hoteling" opportunities
- Lactation rooms
- Vacation and leave benefits