Keeping workplaces safe and healthy during the pandemic
Tips and resources for helping workers stay safe from COVID-19
Employers are encouraged to follow guidelines from the Oregon Health Authority, Centers for Disease Control, and World Health Organization, and to check these resources regularly since the situation is changing daily.
Resources for a safe reopening
Here's a list of safety tips and resources for businesses who are reopening their doors after closing for coronavirus.
- Six ways to safely reopen your business | SAIF
- Hay seis estrategias para la reapertura del comercio | SAIF
- COVID-19 Resources for Oregonians | Gov. Kate Brown, State of Oregon
- Back to Work Safely | American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Research and innovation for a healthy workplace | Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences
- Employer Guide to COVID-19 | Healthier Workforce Center of the Midwest
- Task Force Guides Employee Safety as U.S. Ponders Reopening | National Safety Council
- Communities, Schools, Workplaces, and Events | CDC
Read our latest news and tips on staying safe and healthy—whether you're a frontline worker or working from home.
Visit resources on preparing workplaces for COVID-19 and get current information on standards and rules during the pandemic.
Personal protective equipment
PPE helps workers minimize exposure to injuries and illnesses.
- Do I need a face covering or a respirator? | SAIF
- Personal protective equipment resources | SAIF
- Personal protective equipment: The right working tool | SAIF
- Fact sheet: Personal protective equipment | Oregon OSHA
- Personal protective equipment resources for healthcare and non-healthcare personnel | NIOSH
- How to properly use a N95 mask | SAIF