At SAIF, they're our problem solvers. The ones who keep our information safe, our business online, and our systems connected.
Our information technology (IT) team is known for developing creative and effective ways to use technology to benefit SAIF and our customers. They're also known for having fun doing it.
In IT, you're part of something important. Your technical knowledge, innovation, and teamwork contributes directly to SAIF's mission to serve Oregon's workers and employers by making workers' compensation coverage widely available and affordable, and by providing extraordinary service. In fact, achieving that mission and serving over 53,000 policyholders would be impossible without our IT problem solvers.
Why work here?
From software developers to quality assurance engineers to data scientists, SAIF employs a diverse range of technical experts. We believe each one represents an important perspective and significant contribution to our shared goals. We believe you should feel empowered to do your job using current tools and systems. We also value your goals, so there are ample opportunities for career development.
Here's what current employees have to say about working at SAIF.
"I love the collaboration and team work. The people who work here love their job and are passionate about it. It shows in the work we do every day. The IT team works hard, but also plays hard. We strive to make the work we do fun and exciting."
—Angela, business analyst
"Instead of working on old technology, I'm standing up new APIs and applications at every sprint."
—Ryan, software development engineer
"The best part about working at SAIF is people care about each other, which helps me adapt to new life here easily."
—Wanlu, data scientist
"What I love is the flexibility and the availability of working from home."
—Dan, infrastructure engineer
"I love the value they place on family."
—Mathew, information security analyst
"I'm naturally a curious person and the best part of my job is that I'm encouraged to ask questions."
—Rachael, business analyst
"I like the challenging work I do at SAIF, but what I love is on evenings and weekends I get to spend time with my family."
—Ryan, software development engineer
"In my role, I have the opportunity to engage with a variety of stakeholders and help solve real problems."
—Heather, enterprise software program manager
- Corporate headquarters in Salem with a newly renovated building and on-site fitness facility.
- IT supports six regional offices that provide claims, legal, safety and health services, marketing, underwriting, investigation, and return-to-work services for customers across the state.
- A five-member board of directors, appointed by the governor of Oregon, oversees SAIF's operation and appoints its president and CEO.
Learn more about SAIF and workers' compensation here.
The benefits of working at SAIF
SAIF offers a total rewards package that includes:
- Market competitive salaries and a "pay for performance" program that includes performance-based merit adjustments, individual incentives, and a corporate incentive
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage fully paid for employees who participate in specific wellness activities, along with many other benefits
- Opportunities for continued education and learning
- A free, on-site employee health clinic in Salem
- Generous paid time off and retirement benefits, including PERS
- May support relocation for some positions
- Flex scheduling with some opportunity for telecommuting
Check out the video below to learn about our culture of safety and health.
Located between Portland and Eugene on the I-5 corridor, Salem is Oregon's capital city.
Learn more about the city in the video below.
While many people live and work in Salem, some members of our team also commute from the Portland area.
We'd love to hear from you
While we're frequently hiring for open IT positions, we're always interested in connecting with talented tech candidates. Create your profile and submit a resume, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.